Saturday, August 15, 2009

Playing with the New SU in colours

Hi Everyone,

Well I finally decided to experiment with the new Stampin Up in colours. To be honest with you, I really think they are horrible and have no idea what SU was thinking when they put these out. I know there are people out there that love them but they are not working for me. That being said I do love how this card turned out and may just grow to love the colours the more I work with them.

I started off by going to the SU colour combo site. I highly recommend trying this tool out. It is great for figuring out what colours go together.

I decided to go with Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Lovely Lilac, and Apricot Appeal. Then I had a look at some cards and found one I fell in love with. My inspiration came from Jennifer McGuire's Blog. She is one talented lady and her blog definitely warrants a visit.

Here is my take on Jennifer's card.



Recipe:
Paper- All SU Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Apricot Appeal, Lovely Lilac
Ink- Gingerbread versamark chalk ink, Cloud White Versa Magic Multisurface Chalk ink
Stamps- SU French Script, SU Upsy Daisy for the sentiment, Daisy D's Petals stamp set for the flourish
Accessories & Tools- SU scalloped punch, SU Bigz Beautiful Butterfly Die, SU jumbo eyelets in pewter, Stampendous Winter Wonderland embossing powder.

Happy Crafting,
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment