Thursday, February 10, 2011

Long time, no posts. . .So Sorry!

Hi Everyone,

My sincerest apologies for not posting in months. I don't have any excuses for abandoning my blog.

Lately I have been busy with digital scrapbooking. I have started to get caught up and am now working on pictures from April 2010! I have almost completed my London trip from last year and thought I would share some of my layouts. I have tried out a few new techniques thanks to Pixels2pages.net. If you haven't been to this site I highly recommend it. Inspiration is everywhere!

This first page I am quite proud of. The blueprint came from the Pixels2Pages website (they are no longer allowed to share blueprints as of January 2011) and I just made it my own. I am really pleased how the large picture of Big Ben looks. I don't often cut out certain objects from pictures and play with the softness and opacity but this turned out really nice. I used my wand tool to cut around big ben, then I softened the edge using the filters tool, finally I changed it to Sepia and brought the opacity down so it blended nicely with the background.



This second page is one of my all time favourites. Everything was working in my favour the day this was created. I wanted to try out the Pixels2Pages challenge #33 called Single Photo Collage. I loved this photo I took in St James Park and really wanted to showcase it. This technique was perfect! For full instructions and pictures to go along with them please click on the link above.

No comments:

Post a Comment