Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year Everyone!

Hi Everyone!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and their New Year is off to a good start. Things are starting to get back to normal in our house, although we haven't tackled taking down the decorations yet.

Practical Scrappers has started the New Year with a bang. This week their challenge it working with buttons. I love buttons but often forget to use them on my projects so this was a challenge I was looking forward to.

This week I created a card using my new favourite stamp set from Close To My Heart. This stamp set is called Grown with Love and is perfect for scrappers and card makers alike.

I liked the stamp set and coordinating paper so much that I purchased some chipboard buttons to match. To help stretch my button stash I used some clear buttons and created my own patterned buttons using patterned paper, glossy accents, and stamped images.

I used glossy accents to adhere my clear buttons to patterned paper. Once the glossy accents dried I cut around my button and sanded the edges to finish them off. In less than 5 minutes I had a handful of coordinating buttons to add to my project.



Recipe:
Paper- brown bazzill cardstock from my stash, cream card base from my stash, Twitterpated patterned paper from Close To My Heart
Ink- Close To My Heart Chocolate ink, gingerbread versamagic chalk ink
Stamps- Grown with Love from Close To My Heart
Accessories- Creative Memories Circle Cutter, Creative Memories Blue Blade, Close To My Heart Dimensional Elements in Organic, Close To My Heart Clear Acrylic buttons, Glossy Accents, Close To My Heart Waxy Flax in Colonial White

No comments:

Post a Comment