Friday, June 26, 2009

Salute to Summer. . . Penguin Style!

Well today is the last day of the school year. My oldest daughter celebrated her last day at school with sports day. The whole family is excited that summer has finally arrived. The girls have already asked me a number of times if they can camp out in the backyard. Who knows, tonight may even be the night! My girls had a couple of birthday parties they were attending last week and I thought it would be fun to make some cute penguin birthday cards to help welcome the summer. Here are my four cards. They are super simple but oh so cute. I couldn't resist picking up these little guys when I was in my scrapbook store. The stamps are by imaginisce were only $1.50 each.

I used my Mini Monograms cartridge to cut the circles and scallops for the cards. The circles are cut at 2.5" with real dial size on. The scallops are cut at 3" with real dial size on.

I watercoloured the penguins using my ink pads and an aqua painter. The rest of the supplies were just scraps from my stash. I'm sorry I can't be more specific as to the name or lines of the patterned paper.



1 comment: