Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Creative Memories Black and White Power Pallette


Hi Everyone,

Here is a layout I completed over the weekend. I recently purchased the Black and White Creative Memories Power Pallette and then I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. I am having trouble using it since it is a little more "grungy" then I was expecting. If I had looked at it closer I probably wouldn't have purchased it. I usually like clean lines and smaller patterns. This package is filled with lots of textures and grungy patterns. It is very bold and busy.

That being said, I really need to give it a chance before I completely give up on it. To get started I went looking for inspiration on the CM digital project website. I decided to scraplift a layout that was on there. CM was gracious enough to include step by step instructions with this layout so copying was extremely easy.

Here is my finished project. I'm still not too sure I am in love with it. It is totally different from my usual style. Sometimes it is good to step out of your comfort zone right? I would love to hear your thoughts on this page. Is it too busy? Should I add something? Take something away? What do you think?

Enjoy,
Cat

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cat,
    I'm actually a consultant for CM and I've seen these papers used in a LOT of different ways! If you're looking for a more elegant look, try introducing some geometric backings or journal blogs using black/white/silver or a color that accents and highlights your theme. Red for love, blue for winter etc. Just a hint of color looks amazing with the black & white papers.
    That said, your completed page is wonderful! I think you've got the right attitude in that you're trying something new for a new and unusual paper choice. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete