Saturday, May 15, 2010

Create- A-Critter makes cute layouts too


Hi Everyone,

Here is another post for you all featuring Create A Critter again. This is definitely one of my favourite cartridges and will be for a long time to come. My three girls are in love with all the cute characters and they have so much fun putting together their own creations because the layering system is so easy.

I was browsing the cricut message board and came across this layout by MelissaB and just had to create my own version. I tend to do two page layouts whenever possible so I spread my critters over two pages. This type of a layout is very different for me. I normally have my pictures in hand and design my pages around them. I rarely create a page just for fun and hope that I will have pictures to go with the page.

To make it easier to incorporate pictures I didn't add any photo mats or openings. I thought it would be easier to find some pictures of my kids playing outside or camping and scatter them around the page and not have to worry about sizes and orientation.

My background paper is from a SU Sale-a-Bration paper pack from last year. I loved the pattern and thought it worked perfectly for sky. The rest of the paper is scraps from my stash.





I loved how the layout turned out and it gave me a perfect opportunity to take this great cartridge out for a test drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment