Thursday, February 4, 2010

Practical Scrappers Challenge: Die Cutting Machines!


Hi Everyone,

The challenge this week over at Practical Scrappers was to create a project using any type of die cutting machine. There are tons of great projects and I encourage you to head on over and take a look.

This week I created a shape card using my cricut machine. My daughter loves The Wiggles and for her birthday I made her a "Wiggles" shaped birthday card. To make this card I cut out 2 paper dolls from the Everyday Paper Doll cartridge. Then I cut a small rectangle of paper out of the same skin tone paper I used for the paper dolls. I folded the rectangular piece in half and attached it to the top of the paper dolls. This created a hinge and attached the two paper dolls together forming a portrait style card. Now if you were really talented you could use your Design Studio or Gypsy to weld your shapes together. I opted to go the easy route because my Design Studio skills are not up to par.


Here are a few pictures so you can see how the two paper dolls are attached. As you can see, once you add all of the layers you really can't see the hinge that is holding the dolls together unless you look closely.

All the pieces I used to decorate my paper doll came from the Everyday Paper Doll cartridge as well. I just went through the booklet looking for things that I could use to make a "Murray Wiggle" band member. The Everyday Day Paper Doll cartridge is perfect for this because you can mix and match creating any look to meet your needs. I always like to ink my cricut cuts to make them stand out and give them dimension. This small step really makes a big difference.

Recipe:
Paper- Various pieces of cardstock from my stash
Ink- Jumbo Java Chalk Ink, Niagara falls chalk ink, archival black ink
Stamps- Studio G stamp
Accessories- Cricut, Everyday Paper Dolls Cartridge

Thanks for stopping by,
Cat

1 comment:

  1. Hi Catherine! Great idea for the die cut challenge! Love the Wiggle band member and guitar.

    Heidi :)

    ReplyDelete