Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Removing Colour from pictures


Hi Everyone,

Over at "The rest of the Storybook" Jan is teaching everyone how to remove colour from a portion of their pictures. For step by step instructions hop on over to her blog. This is such a fantastic technique and gives a really cool look. I decided to try my hand at this for a title bar I am creating for a traditional layout.

I wanted to create a title bar that was 6 inches wide and 12 inches long using one of my pictures. My idea was to turn the picture to black and white and just leave a portion of the tower coloured. Then I wanted to add my title along the entire length of the picture. I have never done anything like this before but am pretty pleased with the results. Now all I need to do is print the picture off and add it to my traditional 12x12 layout.

As soon as I get this title bar printed and added to my layout I will share my completed project with you. In the mean time here is a look at the title bar.


Enjoy,
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment