Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hybrid layouts

Hi Everyone,


I wanted to share with you one of my first hybrid layouts I recently completed. As you know, I have just started to get into digital scrapbooking. Up until recently I have been doing either completely digital layouts or completely traditional layouts. I have started adding the occasional cricut title, brad, eyelet, or sticker to my digital layouts in an effort to move toward hybrid scrapbooking. I found that I love the added dimension.

The layout I am going to share with you today is even more of a hybrid layout. I started with a digital template that I created in Storybook Creator Plus 3.0. All I did was drag my photos into the template. I didn't add any digital papers or embellishments. In fact I wanted to add some pieces of paper to my finished layout so I left some of my photo spaces blank.


When I had my photos where I wanted them I sent them to the photo printer and had two 8x10 layouts printed. This is what it looked like when I got it back from the printer.


Now I took my patterned paper and used that as the base for my 12x12 layout. All I did was trim my digital layout slightly and add it to my patterned paper. When that was done I chose some coordinating paper to fill in my blank spaces on my template along with some stickers and buttons.




One of the things I love about digital scrapbooking is having the freedom to change my photos to any size I want. The thing I love about traditional scrapbooking is playing with paper, scissors, and glue. Now I can have the best of both worlds by creating hybrid layouts.

Recipe:
Paper- CTMH Back Country level two paper pack
Accessories- Clear craft buttons from CTMH, glossy accents, sandpaper, Opposites attract Cricut Cartridge, CTMH waxy flax in colonial white, epoxy stickers from Walmart (sorry can't remember name), CM Storybook Creator Plus 3.0

I encourage all of you to step out of your comfort zone and try a hybrid layout or two. Good luck and happy scrapping!

Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment