Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's all about glitter and bling at Practical Scrappers



Hi Everyone,

This week at Practical scrappers the challenge was to use glitter/bling. Really anything with sparkle and shine or something that reminded you of jewellery. I tried something new on my card this week and I love the way it turned out. I will definitely be using this technique in the future. The acutal techinque is very simple. Just leave lots of time for everything to dry.

I didn't have a lot of embellishments that reminded me of jewelery but I did have quite a few stickles in my stash so that is what I used on my card to give it sparkle.

I started with a piece of glitter cardstock from DCWV for the base. Then I stamped my flower on a piece of transperancy using black staz on ink. When that was dry I "painted" my image using stickles glitter glue. I set the transperancy aside to dry (it took a number of hours). Once my stickles had dried I cut out my image and glued it to a piece of white cardstock (stickle side down) using glossy accents. To finish off my card I added some ribbon and a few skittles (plastic beads) and I was done! All in all this card took me about 10 minutes to create not including drying time.

Recipe
Paper- glitter cardstock from DCWV, CM white cardstock, Stampin Up black cardstock, transperancy paper from Staples
Ink- black stazon
Stamps- Sunny Flowers by Stampendous
Accessories- Melon Mambo polka dot ribbon by stampin up, Stickles in green, orange peel, and yellow, glossy accents by ranger, pink skittles from Micheal's

Enjoy,
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment