Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Pink Stamper Challenge #3


Hi Everyone,

Here is the final challenge from over at My Pink Stamper. Robyn asked everyone to make a tag. Well I have to admit, I haven't made very many of these so it definitely was a challenge for me.

This weekend I have been focusing on using up my scraps of paper, so the tag along with the two cards I have made used Melon Mambo Cardstock for the base. Hopefully you don't get too sick of this colour before the weekend is through.

I made the tag by cutting a rectangular piece of cardstock out with my trimmer and then used the tag corner punch from stampin up on the two top corners. I added a grommet to the top as well for the hole for the ribbon.

I used my cupcake stamp set from inkadinkado. This is such a cute set and I don't pull it out nearly as often as I would like to. I stamped my cupcake twice. Once on white cardstock and the other on a piece of fancy pants patterned paper. Then I cut out the patterned paper and attached it to the white cardstock so I could have a colourful cupcake wrapper. To finish off the cupcake I put white liquid applique on the top for the frosting as well as some pink glitter (hard to see in the picture). Then I used my heat embossing gun to make the liquid applique all puffy so it looked like frosting.

I added a few pieces of scraps paper to the bottom and popped up my cupcake with dimensionals to finish off the tag.

Recipe:
Paper- SU melon mambo cardstock, white cardstock, fancy pants patterned paper scraps
Ink- Black archival ink, jumbo java chalk ink
Stamps- Inkadinkado cupcake set (sorry I can't remember the name)
Accessories- Melon Mambo Polka dot ribbon, SU jumbo eyelets, liquid applique, heat embossing gun, SU dimensionals, SU tag corner punch


I hope you have had fun participating in the MPS challenges as much as I have,
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment