Friday, January 29, 2010

Pink Stamper Challenge #1


Hi Everyone,

Robyn aka My Pink Stamper is having a number of challenges throughout the day today as well as tomorrow. The first challenge she has given everyone is to use your favourite colour and black to create something.

I chose to do a card using Stampin Up's Melon Mambo with Black. I love this hot pink colour with black. The black really makes everything pop.

For this card I used my SU medallion stamp and inked it up with Pink Pirouette, then I used my SU markers to colour around the outside with Rose Red Ink (very close to Melon Mambo ink and works as a good substitute). Once that was done then I took a makeup sponge and dabbed all over the stamp to soften the lines.

To finish everything off I added some Cotton Candy Stickles, ribbon, and a rhinestone brad for a little extra bling.

If you want to get your creative juices flowing then head on over to My Pink Stamper and try out one of her challenges.

Recipe:
Paper- SU Melon Mambo, Black, and Whisper White Cardstock
Ink- SU Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, and Archival Black Ink
Stamps- SU Medallion, Heidi Grace Stamp (sorry can't remember the name)
Accessories- Pop Dots, SU rhinestone brad, paper piercer, mat pack, Cotton Candy Stickles, Melon Mambo Polka Dot ribbon.

Happy Crafting everyone,
Cat

7 comments:

  1. I love this card. I just bought this medallion stamp cause I love the ideas I see. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cat ~ great card! I love it! :0) Malissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute card...I would've used hot pink, but I didn't have any...BOO HOO...so I used the brightest pink I had...
    Love the stamped image...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Savahanna, you won't be dissapointed. The medallion stamp is so versatile, elegant, and makes a fast easy card. I love that I can use it for birthdays, valentines, christmas, sympathy, pretty much any occasion I can think of. Have fun playing with your new stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful! very elegant looking. I reallly love the stamp you used, it makes a bold statement. I saw your post on MPS and came to take a look. Great job!
    Cheers Gina

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this card, I've used this stamp before, but didn't turn out as cute!

    ReplyDelete