Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My first template with Storybook 3.0!

Well I took sometime to check out some of the new features on Storybook Creator 3.0 and let me tell you it is awesome! If you haven't already downloaded the upgrade now is the time to do it!

I know this template is super simple but I did use a few of the new features and it makes creating pages so much easier.

First of all I love that there is now a feature so you can double or even triple your mats around your photos with a click of the button. The old version allowed you to mat your photo but it was a pain in the butt to mat using paper now you can select how many mats you want and choose the type of fill as well.

The other feature I used on this template was the corner rounding feature. There are tons of choices to pick from. I used the plain rounded corner but there are loops and decorative corners galore!

The other feature that I played with was the ability to change the shape of my text. You can create a text box that allows you to write your text in any shape you want. Now you can have circular text boxes or thought bubbles. Anything you want. In the end I chose to stick with a square text box but it was fun to play none the less.

So here you go! My first template. I plan on creating a scrapbook page once I get a few moments so you can see the real deal but I am too excited not to share my draft.



As always I love your comments and if I can help in any way please contact me. I am also willing to share the love, so just leave a comment or email me and I will happily send you the page file of the template you like.

My inspiration for this template came from the Becky Higgins Sketches in the May 2009issue of Creating Keepsakes Magazine. It is also featured on page 45 of the same issue.

Happy Crafting everyone,
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment