Thursday, November 12, 2009

Practical Scrappers Colour Core Cardstock Challenge



Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry I am posting this so late. I spent a wonderful funfilled weekend in Las Vegas with my family and I am still trying to recover. Here is my submission for the colour/white core cardstock challenge over at Practical Scrappers. In order to create lots of texture I used my cuttlebug embossing template and sanded the paper to really make the texture pop. I also sanded my base to give my card a distressed look.



Recipe:
Paper: Coordinations cardstock (teal and red), Whisper White Cardstock
Ink: Stampin Up Chocolate Chip, Stampin Up Real Red, Versa Magic Chalk ink in Turquoise Gem
Stamps: Dream a Little (Stampin Up), Studio G dollar stamp for the sentiment
Accessories: Cuttlebug bubbles embossing folder, Stampin Up Scalloped edge punch, sandpaper, Stampin Up dimensionals, Bazzill Ribbon



I thought I would include a picture from my Vegas Adventure. We spent most of our time shopping and seeing the sights on the strip. On our last day we visited Hoover Dam. Hoover Dam was unbelievable! I knew that it was huge but nothing really prepares you for truly how immense it is. We got there first thing in the morning and it was a perfect time to visit the dam. We took the full tour and only had 10 people in our group and there were no lines. It was perfect. By the time we had finished exploring the dam the lines ups were getting pretty long and the line up just to get into the parkade was crazy. If you decide to visit Hoover Dam get there first thing when it opens.
Enjoy,
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment