Sunday, November 1, 2009

Practical Scrappers Tri Challenge

This week at Practical Scrappers they are having their first ever tri challenge. Here is your chance to really stretch your creativity and win some great prizes along the way. Practical Scrappers has combined their talents with Frosted Designs and Stuck on U Sketches.
Here is how you can participate in the tri-challenge.
-Complete one project that includes all three blog's challenges
-Complete one project for each blog's challenge.

Here is my version of the Tri-Challenge. I decided to do a Christmas card. I was super excited when I read about the various challenges because I now had an excuse to use my brand new Hero Arts Owl Christmas stamp set as well as use up some of my ribbon stash. This was my first attempt at watercolouring with my Water Colour Wonder Crayons from Stampin Up. The colouring turned out okay but I think I need some practice. I also found out that I should have used a more waterproof ink pad such as stazon as some parts of my image started to run. I do however like the soft look of the watercolour crayons as well as the ability to layer colour on to really personalize your project.



Recipe:Paper: Stampin Up Chocolate Chip Cardstock, Designer Series paper from the Stampin Up Ski Slope collection (retired), Stampin Up Baja Breeze Cardstock.
Ink: Stampin Up Old Olive, Stampin Up Real Red, Stampin Up Chocolate Chip, Versa Magic Sea Breeze Chalk Ink, Jumbo Java Chalk Ink
Stamp Sets: Hero Arts Owl Christmas clear stamps
Accessories: Bazzill Basics Ribbon in Brown Polka Dot and Whirlpool Middle Weave, Red stitched ribbon from Micheal's, Stampin Up Top Note Die, Crystal and Christmas Red stickles, Stampin Up Watercolour Wonder Crayons, Aqua Painter, self adhesive gems from my stash (normally used to stick on cell phones etc)

5 comments:

  1. Great card! Love the little owl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest card. I just love it! Everything about it, I love! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you like it. I wasn't sure. This was the first time I tried pleating my paper to make a ruffled edge but I think I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete