Monday, November 30, 2009

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!

Hi Everyone,

Well, it is not really looking like Christmas here but it sure is beginning to feel like Christmas. We spent the weekend decorating our house and putting up the Christmas Tree. We still need to put up the lights outside but then we'll be ready. My girls are getting very excited and are now starting to ask how many days until Christmas.

I thought I would kick off this festive season with some Christmas cards. All this week at Practical Scrappers they are focusing on Christmas cards so check daily for more cards by the wonderful designers over there.

I am going to share a card or layout or both each day this week to help get you in the holiday mood. So grab yourself a cup of hot cocoa or Eggnog Chai (my personal favourite) and enjoy all the things this season has to offer.



Here is a card to get the week started. I was at my local scrapbooking store a few weeks back and fell in love with this little guy. This stamp is from Imaginisce from their Polar Expressions collection. The stamp is one of their "Snag em" stamps so it was under $2.00. I couldn't resist. The paper in this collection is super cute as well. However, I decided to save some money and use up Christmas paper in my stash first.

This entire card was made using scraps from my stash but I am very pleased with how it turned out. I personally love this colour combination and have done many Christmas cards with it. I hope you enjoy it and perhaps it will give you some ideas for your cards.

Recipe:
Paper- Stampin Up Cardstock in Real Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White, Stampin Up Designer Series Paper in Ski Slope (Retired)
Ink- Stampin Up Chocolate Chip
Stamps- Polar Bear by Imaginisce, Penny Black Christmas Critters
Accessories- Fiskars Threading Water punch, Creative Memories Corner Rounder, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, American Crafts Snowflakes in Circles Ribbon, Stampin Up Water Colour Wonder Crayons in Real Red, Old Olive, and Creamy Caramel

Happy Holidays everyone,
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment