Thursday, December 10, 2009

Gorgeous Winter CM Live Template

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. It has been a very crazy week. My youngest daughter is turning 3 on Friday and we are having her birthday party on Saturday so we have been busy trying to prepare for that. I am also in the middle of making 110 Christmas ornaments for my daughter's kindergarten classroom. I am just starting them and the kids are finishing them at school for their parents. Even a basic ornament ends up taking a lot of time though.

Today I thought I would share a gorgeous Winter Template that I downloaded from a wonderful website. I discovered Cathie Owen's blog a couple of weeks ago and it is loaded with tons of great information if you want to learn more about SBC 3.0.

I'm going to focus on templates today. It is amazing how versatile templates can be and how easy it is to make them your own.

Here is what the template looks like when I download it and before I add any of my pictures.




Here is what Cathie Owens page looked like when she used the template. Gorgeous isn't it?!



Here is my version of this template. I knew when I saw this template I wanted to use this rainbow picture I took last year but it wasn't winter themed. I just changed the template to suit my needs and I am really pleased with how it turned out. This template is so versatile and I love the look of stacked photos.



This page took me about 10 minutes to complete and the only reason it took that long is because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do in terms of embellishments.

I have linked Cathie's blog to this post so if you are interested in her template please visit her site and have a look around. I would also love to see what you create with her template so please share with the rest of us and if it is okay I would love to post your finished projects here so you can see truly how versatile and fun templates can be.

Enjoy, and have fun crafting everyone,
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment