Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What a Difference a Day Makes.



Hi Everyone,

Well, I know I said that it really wasn't looking like Christmas. Well I was wrong. Yesterday we got some snow and the temperatures dropped to seasonal for this time of year so it really is looking like Christmas out there now.

Today I wanted to share my Practical Scrappers submission with you. Again I used my favourite colour combination of the moment. Last year I purchased some ski slope designer series paper from Stampin Up and I just love it. I thought I would try and use up the rest of my stash for this year's Christmas cards.

I decided to do a shaker card. These cards are super simple to make and create a wow factor. Kids especially love them. My girls are constantly getting a hold of this one and giving it a shake. If they keep it up it won't be in good enough shape to send out.

To make this card I cut a 2.5 x 2.5" square of Chocolate chip cardstock and ran it through my cuttlebug using the curly label movers and shapers die. Then I cut a piece of 2x2" whisper white cardstock and stamped my sentiment on it. To create the window I glued a 2x2" piece of acetate on to the back of the brown piece of cardstock. Then I put Close to My Heart foam tape around the opening on the brown piece. You can use the edges of your stampin dimensionals too but foam tape is much easier. It is important not to leave any holes in your border of the glitter will fall out. Once you have your border of tape around the opening fill your little "dish" with glitter. Now you need to put a "lid" on your "dish". Take your white piece of cardstock with your sentiment on it and adhere it to your brown piece of cardstock using the foam tape border. Make sure your sentiment is lined up with your opening. Now you have created a shaker pocket to add to your card. It really is easy. Especially once you have done it a few times.

If you have any questions please leave a comment or email me and I would be happy to help you out.

Recipe:
Paper- Stampin Up cardstock in Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, and Baja Breeze, Ski Slope Designer Series Paper, Acetate
Ink- Stampin Up Real Red
Stamps- Christmas Punch Set by Stampin Up
Accessories- American Crafts snowflakes in circles ribbon, Stampin Up curly label movers and shapers punch, Stampin Up scalloped edge punch, Close to My Heart foam tape, gold glitter

No comments:

Post a Comment