Monday, December 21, 2009

Practical Scrappers Winter Activity and Christmas Traditions layouts

The Practical Scrappers challenge this week was to design a layout around various winter activities or Christmas Traditions. I ended up completing two double page layouts this week that fit in with the challenge. Both layouts were done digitally using my new CM goodies. I hope you enjoy them and perhaps they can give you some inspiration for your pages.

The first layout is of my girls playing outside in the first major snowfall of the season. They had so much fun running around and chasing the dog. The first snow always brings excitement with it. For this layout I actually used a live template that Cathie Owens created using the new Winter Solstice Kit. I made a few minor changes and created a double page spread. I love the colours and textures of this kit and in my opinion it is a must have.




The second layout is about spending time with family during the holidays. My parents live 11 hours from us so we make the trek every year to be with them during the holidays. Last year we spent some time tobogganing and the kids had so much fun that I think it will be a new family tradition. Especially now that the kids are older and can spend more time outside even if it is cold.

For this layout I used the my new Primary Power Palette Christmas Additions along with the brand new Simple Start CD. This was one of Laurie Callisons fabulous templates. I love how it turned out and I really love how easy and fast it was to create. I think it took me about 20 minutes to complete this layout and most of that time was spent choosing which pictures to include.





Happy Holidays everyone and Happy Scrapping,
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment